The Board of Directors of the Geiss Hsu Foundation is delighted to announce awards made during the spring application cycle. These awards support publications, exhibitions, and conferences that advance scholarship and interpretation of the Ming dynasty and adjacent time periods and peoples.
- Cornell East Asia Series, an imprint of Cornell University Press: Bandits in Print: The Water Margin and the Transformations of Vernacular Fiction by Scott Gregory
- University of Washington Press: Chinese Autobiographical Writing: An Anthology of Personal Accounts, translated by Patricia Buckley Ebrey, Cong Ellen Zhang, and Ping Yao
- University of British Columbia, Centre for Chinese Research: How is China Governed? From Ming Statecraft to Xi’s New Era
- University of British Columbia, Department of Art History, Visual Art & Theory: Site – Image – Object: Rethinking Place in Chinese Visual and Material Culture
- China Institute in America: Flower on a River: The Art of Chinese Flower and Bird Painting, 1368-1911 – Masterworks from Tianjin Museum and Changzhou Museum
- Society for Ming Studies: Promoting the Journal of the Society for Ming Studies